After-Hours Access to Preston Medical Library is limited to clinical personnel and to students who require access of reference material for patient care and study purposes. The following categories are considered clinical personnel:
-University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine residents and faculty
University of Tennessee Medical Center nurses and physicians
Eligible student programs include:
- University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy
-University of Tennessee Medical Center School of Radiography students
- University of Tennessee Medical Center SRNA students
On an annual basis, program coordinators should submit names to be added or deleted from the after-hours list. All individuals granted after-hours access privileges are responsible for honoring the following guidelines:
- Unauthorized access must not be facilitated. This includes allowing access to individuals whose ID cards do not activate the security system or leaving doors propped open for unauthorized persons.
- Library computer equipment must not be removed from the library.
-Journals (current & back issues) must not be removed from the library.
- Self-checkout of books eligible for circulation must be completed before taking the material from the library (instructions located at reference desk).
Individuals who are not in any of the above categories, may apply for access pending the following requirements:
-Have a University of Tennessee Medical Center issued ID badge
-Have patient care related need to access library resources after hours
-Have supervisor's signed authorization
If you have questions, please contact the library director, Sandy Oelschlegel 865-305-6615.
Library premises are monitored by security cameras 24 hours daily.
1924 Alcoa Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37920
|Mon-Thurs||8:30 am - 9:00 pm|
|Fri||8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sat||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sun||1:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
24/7 Study Space Access
With validated UTGSM/UTMC badge
In conjunction with the Human-Animal Bond in Tennessee (H.A.B.I.T.), the library hosts canine assisted stress-reduction visits twice weekly on Mondays and Wednesday from noon-1:00 p.m.
The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, Tennessee 37920 | 865-305-9290
Copyright © 2019