Policies and Procedures
Location and Access
The UT Center for Advanced Medical Simulation is located at 1932 Alcoa Hwy. on level 2 of the Building C and D parking garage. Regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Exceptions can be made for time outside of these hours after discussion with the Simulation Center Coordinator and approval by the Administrative Director. The Simulation Center is locked outside of these regular hours.
- Medical Education courses or deliberate practice sessions that involve medical procedural and/or communication skills
- Medical research that explores the use of simulation in medical education, development of simulated anatomical models, or communication skills between medical team members and/or patients
Priority of Use
- GSM and UHS related courses will have priority scheduling.
- GSM and UHS departments can only “block” schedule for 3 month time segments. This will be continued or “rolled over” every 3 months if there are no conflicting MSC staff schedules. If there are more than 2 cancelled classes in a 3 month period, that department should reconsider the need for “block” scheduling for the next 3 months.
- Outside medical/educational institutions will have second priority for scheduling
- Private Industry or vendor sponsored courses will have last priority
- If any 2 courses within the same “priority” category ask for the same time slot – the first request that was received by phone or e-mail (logged in by date then time) will be given the spot. If the times were too close to determine or unsure, the final decision will be made by the Medical Director
No fees will be charged for UTGSM or UHS courses. Please contact the Administrative Director regarding fee schedule for outside institutions or private industry.