The Health Information Management and Services (HIMS) team exists to provide a variety of technological services to GSM faculty, staff and residents. Our mission is to standardize and share information technology with all GSM Departments by performing efficiently, knowledgeably and timely.
The IT Team
- Alison Lockett, MS, is the HIMS Team Leader.
- Don Peruski is the HIMS Liaison Officer to UHS and systems support to GSM including all GSM Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Travis Turner is Help Desk Manager. He is responsible for Desktop Support-PC related issues.
- Peggy Hull is a HIMS Analyst II, responsible for Desktop Support-PC related issues.
- Matthew DeMaria, MS, is a HIMS SR. IT Tech II, responsible for Systems and Desktop related support.
- Rick Green is the Audiovisual coordinator for all GSM events.
- Sam Burgiss, PhD, is a part-time staff member primarily researching new technologies in the industry.
- Connie Littleton is part-time web specialist.
The GSM HIMS staff is not centrally located. The staff occupies office space in the GSM Bldg. GSM HIMS utilizes space for its own server room on the first floor of the GSM Bldg.
The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
Office of Health Information Management and Services
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Help Desk: (865) 305-8476
firstname.lastname@example.org (non helpdesk correspondence) or
email@example.com (for support)